Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wow, What a Month!

I haven't posted for nearly a month. A great deal has happened in that time.

Jack's appendix partially burst on May 8th after a weekend during which we thought he had at the stomach flu. Consequently he had an internal infection that made it impossible to remove the appendix immediately. His white blood cell count was 20,000 when it should be 12,000 and he had a fever. We originally thought he would be home in a day or two but he had to stay in the hospital for a week on an IV of antibiotics to bring the infection under control. That was followed by 5 days of oral antibiotics He will have the remains of his appendix removed in about 5 or 6 weeks which will be handled as an outpatient procedure which should be no big deal with him coming home the same day.

Jack got out of the hospital on Monday May 15th and went back to work the next day working half days the rest of the week. When Jack came home from work for lunch on Tuesday it seemed fun and I made him grilled cheese and tomato soup. When he came home the next day expecting lunch again, I was less motivated. However I made a nice save, whipping up a box of mac and cheese and leaving the house to run all my errands.

Jack insisted that I should fly to Florida on Thursday as planned so, I went. I hadn't seen my parents since March and spent lots of time with my niece Madison and nephew, Cameron. I flew back on Sunday and jack picked me up at O'Hare with the usual confurion and frustration of dealing with a major airport under renovation.

No comments: