Sunday, January 22, 2006

Winter WOW!


This morning we had what was referred to during my snow skiing days as a "white out". Cloudy, foggy with a sky the same color as the snow covered ground. I took a few photos of the invisible lake and my bird feeder with an icicle hanging from it. Although I noticed the frost clinging to the branches of our tree I was not prepared for the sights I enjoyed on our way to breakfast. To see row after row of big bare trees with a crispy coating of frost over every tiny twig is amazing. Even the marsh grasses on the edges of ponds were transformed into delicate works of art. Ice sculptures too fragile to ever be created by human hands. When we parked the bushy pines which had held large clumps of snow yesterday now had a thin skin of frost covering each individual pine needle.

Then this big studly guy opened the door for me at the restaurant and flirted with me. Jack really does take his time getting out of the car and when it's 22 degrees I don't wait. All in all a pretty nice morning. Hope your weekend went well also.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yep, it's times like that when you look around and realize that there HAD to be a Creator who made all of this. No way did the perfection of everything happen by chance.

Leslie said...

I learned later that this was a "Hoar Frost" whatever that is.